Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Refund!

So my refund FINALLY came in this morning. It was sent to my bank, so that's why it took so long to get to me. So if it got to me, then it got to my husband too, since he did the same thing. Meaning we have a LOT of money to spend!! But we won't. One thing I've been told over and over is, "Love doesn't pay the bills." And its true. We have our own separate bills to pay, and the rest of the money goes into savings. We try not to spend money, but with such a long commute to from our house to school and work, its hard to not spend the money on gas. Then there's the ocassional food, of course. Luckily, my husbands dad gave us his debit card to buy groceries, his only request was, "Don't spend over $250. (We live in a household of 7.)" He also asked us to get quick foods that you can easily pop in the microwave, and TONS of drinks.

When we got to Wal-Mart, the first place we went to the the frozen-foods section. We loaded up on Banquet Meals, taquitos, corn dogs, HotPockets, pizza, etc. then proceeded to get two 24-packs of water bottles, and ten 2-liter sodas, along with sandwich meat, cheese, bread, and a lot of cereal. After a little over an hour, our shopping cart was so full that my husband had to push it because I couldn't (haha). He kept on wanting to get more food, but our cart was already loaded and I was growing more and more nervous about going over our spending limit. Finally, when we were finished, we went over to the checkout lines and proceeded with buying our food. My husband had to bring an extra cart so he can put food in there as I still took out food from mine.

After all was said and done, we had purchased a total of 63 items, and our grand total was $162.45! I was actually very surprised by this, we were almost one hundred dollars UNDER our limit. I texted my father-in-law to share the good news with him and he replied with, "You must not have bought much.." Which was kind of disappointing, because I expected him to be happy that I didn't spend all of his money. Later on, after he saw what we bought, he was actually surprised, saying, "When I go shopping, I don't get out of there without spending at least 200 bucks."

So for me and my husband, we're all about good deals. And yes, we shop cheap. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment